Norway's Telenor Media majors in French ATB

Press release
1 minute read
Telenor Media has acquired 75% equity of Annuaires Téléphoniques de Bretagne (ATB), a French directory publisher based in Lorient, France. The current owner will retain the remaining 25 % of the company.
ATB publishes a local Yellow Pages directory (called Elitel) in the cities of Lorient, Vannes, Quimper, Pontivy Loudeac, Saint Nazaire and Angers. In excess of 600,000 directories are circulated to households annually. The company has been publishing directories for seven years, competing with France Telecom's pages Jaunes directories.

-- I am delighted to have the considerable experience and know-how of Telenor Media available to support the continued growth of the Elitel directory, says Mr. Jean-Yves Peres, President of ATB.

This is the second acquisition by Telenor Media in the French market, following the acquisition in 1998 of LAnnuaire Soleil, a local Yellow Pages directory for the metropolitan area of Paris.

-- With the ATB acquisition, we are taking a further step to increase Telenor Media's coverage in the French directory market. For the future we will continue to seek opportunities to expand our influence in France, says Mr. Peter Darpö, President of Telenor Media.