Kyivstar dividends for 2008 approved

Press release
1 minute read
An Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders (EGMS) of Ukrainian mobile operator Kyivstar, on 1 September 2009 approved the company's accounts for the fiscal year 2008. Based on this the EGMS decided to distribute dividends in the total amount of UAH 1.9 billion (approximately NOK 1.4 billion). Dividends are expected to be paid in full within 20 December 2009.
Telenor holds 56.5 per cent of the shares in Kyivstar and receives a proportionate share of the dividend. The remaining 43.5 per cent is held by the Alfa Group.

Read more about our ownership interests in Russia and Ukraine:


Dag Melgaard, Communication Manager, Telenor Group Communications
tel: +47 901 92 000, email:

Anastasiya Gogoleva, Head of Communications Telenor Group Ukraine
Tel: (+380) 67467 6666, email: