Telenor Group is a leading telecommunications company across the Nordics and Asia with 172 million customers and annual sales of around NOK 110 billion (2021) We are committed to responsible business conduct and driven by the ambition of empowering societies. Connectivity has been Telenor’s domain for more than 160 years, and our purpose is to connect our customers to what matters most.
We have a leading Nordic position in mobile, broadband and TV services, as well as substantial activities in subsidiaries and joint venture operations, including mobile financial services and online classifieds in the Asia region. Worldwide, Telenor Group and our operations’ teams are 16,000 people strong.
Telenor Procurement Company (TPC), established in 2017 and headquartered in Singapore, operates as a subsidiary of the Telenor Group. We deliver Global Category Management as a service to the Telenor Business Units, taking full responsibility for the end-to-end Sourcing process and performance of global spend categories. Functioning as one Global Procurement team across all Telenor markets, we enable Telenor’s strategic ambitions by becoming a centre of expertise in the pursuit of efficient operations. TPC seeks qualified procurement professionals that are comfortable working in a global setup in the fast-paced Telecom field.
For more information, please visit our website (https://www.telenor.com/about-us/global-presence/telenor-procurement-company/)
About the Team
You will be a part of the Strategy and Transformation team. The responsibilities of the Strategy and Transformation team is the ownership of the strategic transformation agenda within procurement which includes the end-to-end procurement process, digital strategy, spend visibility, competence development. In other words we maintain and improve the current procurement operating model and design the future operating model which we aim to transform into as part of our continuous improvement journey.
In the role, you'll work at the heart of Telenor’s Global Procurement and play a key role in providing procurement services as risk management and monitoring is key part of the overall procurement service offering.
What you will do
- Drive the overall execution of the Supplier and Supply chain risk domain to ensure that critical business dependencies in the Supply chain are identified and drive continuous de-risking and mitigation actions.
- Continuous developing the Supplier and Supply chain risk capabilities when it comes to monitoring, de-risking, driving mitigation and effective reporting.
- Be responsible for the complete risk management for TPC as a legal entity including which also includes the other non-Supplier and Supply chain risk TPC is exposed to.
- Monitor and report on risk development across the supplier base, relevant supplier markets and supply chains of Telenor
- Facilitate the reporting and analysis given as input to Telenor’s overall enterprise risk process, to relevant stakeholder to support Supplier and Supply chain risk identification, monitoring and mitigation.
- Create reporting templates and establish reporting processes and communicate to internal stakeholder and functions where relevant
- Gather insights from external sources, evaluate and inform relevant information to relevant stakeholders and customers.
- Ensure that the crisis management setup is maintained/updated and in place in order to ensure swift actions in the event of major Supplier and Supply chain risks
- Capture all identified risks to Telenor Risk Management system and other relevant reporting routines
We are fast moving, and the environment is dynamic thus there are likely to be changes in priorities, so we expect you to be flexible adjusting to new activities and priorities
We seek someone who either has experience in a management consulting setting and exposed to the Supplier and Supply Chain risk area from an operational perspective or have experience from and/or been responsible for this domain in a multinational corporation. The following personal characteristics will be critical to succeed in the role:
- A problem solver – capable of dissecting a complicated problem and evaluating it systematically
- Ability to create structures and maintain relevant overviews of relevant information in the Supplier and Supply chain risk area forming the basis of reporting
- Inter-cultural sensitivity and excellent interpersonal and communications skills written and orally
- Ability to work independently, within a team and collaboratively across teams
- Ability to create clear recommendations and reports that will be presented to relevant decision makers in the executive management and the Telenor board
- Personal drive with ability to push your point of view forward and challenge different views
Requirements – Education and Experience
- University degree within Finance, Business Management, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Arts and Social Science, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years working experience with at least 3 years working experience preferably most of the time within risk and supply chain risk either directly or as a consultant
- Previous experience working in an international environment, operating across countries
- Experience in project and program management
Additional requirements that would be desirable for applicants:
(+) Experience from telecommunications or other technical services industry
(+) Knowledge of languages from Telenor’s operating companies
(+) Advanced user of Office365 applications such as Power BI and Power Apps
VP - Head of Strategy and Transformation