Reading Time: < 1 minute
Annual General Meeting has also, in line with the proposal of the nominating committee, elected the following members and deputies to the Corporate Assembly of Telenor ASA:
1. Mona Røkke, Tønsberg
2. Bjørg Simonsen, Rana
3. Jan-Erik Korssjøen, Kongsberg
4. Randi Braathe, Rygge
5. Jostein Devold, Kristiansand
6. Rune Selmar, Oppegård
7. Hans Olav Karde, Tromsø
8. Nils-Edvard Olsen, Kirkenes
9. Signe Marie Jore Ritterberg, Oslo
10. Jørgen Ole Haslestad, Erlangen (Germany)
11. Inger-Grethe Solstad, Stavanger, first deputy
12. Stener Lium, Ranheim, second deputy
13. Siri Pettersen Strandenes, Bergen, third deputy
The Annual General Meeting has also re-elected Reier Søberg and Erik Must as two of the four members of Telenor’s nominating committee.
The Annual General Meeting has, for a period lasting up to July 1, 2004, renewed the Board’s authorisation to extend the share capital by up to 10 per cent of outstanding shares. The Board’s authorisation to acquire up to 5 per cent of own shares has also been renewed for the same period.
Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, Telenor is an international provider of high quality telecommunications, data and media communication services. Telenor is one of Norway’s largest companies with revenues in 2002 of approx. NOK
48.8 billion and a work-force of 22,100 domestically and abroad
. Telenor is listed at the Oslo Stock Exchange (TEL) and Nasdaq in New York (TELN).