“As previously communicated, simplification and efficiency improvements are on top of our agenda. Our announcement to exit India, the continued sell-down in VEON and the launch of our cluster organisation are all examples of these efforts. Together with the company-wide initiatives to improve profitability, we believe that we are laying a solid foundation for Telenor’s future,” says Brekke.
Key figures Telenor Group
|(NOK in millions)||Q1 2017||Q1 2016||FY 2016|
|Organic revenue growth (%)||0.2||1.3||0.8|
|EBITDA before other income and other expenses||11,462||11,629||45,966|
|EBITDA before other income and other expenses/Revenues (%)||37.6||36.9||36.7|
|Profit after taxes and non-controlling interests||4,168||4,256||2,832|
|Capex excl. licences and spectrum/Revenues (%)||14.9||16.3||17.4|
|Mobile subscriptions – Change in quarter/Total (mill.)||2.1||3.8||170|
First quarter 2017 summary
- Total revenues decreased by 3% to NOK 30.5 billion, while organic revenues remained at par with last year. Mobile subscription & traffic revenues increased by 1% on an organic basis.
- EBITDA before other items decreased by 1% to NOK 11.5 billion, corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 38%, an increase of 1 percentage point from last year.
- Organic EBITDA increased by 3%. Adjusted for a one-time positive effect from Telenor Broadcast during the first quarter of 2016, the organic EBITDA growth was 5% year-on-year.
- Capital expenditure excluding licences and spectrum was NOK 4.5 billion, resulting in a capex to sales ratio of 15%.
- Free cash flow for the quarter was NOK 2.2 billion.
Financial outlook for 2017
The financial outlook for 2017 has been adjusted to reflect the new Group structure with India presented as discontinued operations. Telenor expects an organic revenue growth in the range of 1% to 2% and an EBITDA margin of around 37%. The capex to sales ratio excluding licences is expected to be 15 % to 16%.
mobile: (+47) 46 84 49 59,
Investor Relations Contacts:
mobile: (+47) 91 61 76 31,
mobile: (+47) 91 31 92 42,
Press and analyst presentation
In connection with the publication of the financial results, a press and analyst conference will be held on Thursday 4 May at 09:00 hrs Norwegian time/CET. The presentation, which will also be broadcast live via webcast, will be held in Auditorium Voice, Telenor Expo Visitor Centre at Fornebu near Oslo. CEO Sigve Brekke and CFO Jørgen C. Arentz Rostrup will present the results. The presentation will be held in English.
You may also call in and listen to the presentation over the phone. This service allows you to ask questions during the Q&A session at the end of the presentation. To participate in the conference call, please register before the conference starts by calling +47 21002610 and state the confirmation code: 9702819
The quarterly report and the presentation are available here.