Reading Time: 3 minutes
In addition, the functions Markets and Technology have been established to improve and develop customer experiences, and to secure that networks and IT systems are ready for future demands. The initiatives and partnerships in the digital arena will be gathered in a dedicated digital business area to better explore positions in new adjacent businesses.
“Telenor provides internet to almost 200 million subscribers and new customer needs are emerging. By more directly involving the business unit CEOs in delivering on the global strategy and priorities, we increase our ability to execute and create value,” said Sigve Brekke, President and CEO of Telenor Group.
“Telenor stands to capture solid opportunities, as the world evolves to view connectivity as a basic necessity. We must continue our work in enabling that connectivity for all, but we also need to explore new ways to sustain growth, capture customers’ attention and create value for them in their digital life,” added Brekke.
The new Executive Management team reflects the Group’s international footprint with nine members in the new team being non-Norwegians.
Telenor Group has appointed Ms Ruza Sabanovic as Executive Vice President (EVP) and Chief Technology Officer, Mr Vivek Sood as EVP and Chief Marketing Officer, Ms Wenche Agerup as EVP and Chief Corporate Affairs Officer and Mr Jon Gravråk as EVP and Chief Digital Officer. Mr Richard Aa and Mr Jon Erik Haug will continue in their current positions as Chief Financial Officer and Chief People Officer respectively.
Mr Pål Wien Espen will take the position as the EVP and Head of Partner Relations Asia, while Mr Morten Karlsen, EVP, will be responsible for Telenor’s ownership in VimpelCom Ltd and to drive selected strategic projects. The Chief Marketing Officer, the Chief Digital Officer and the Head of Partner Relations Asia will be based in Asia.
Mr Sharad Mehrotra has been appointed CEO of Telenor India. Mehrotra comes from the position as Chief Marketing Officer of Telenor Myanmar, and was part of the Telenor India management team for more than four years from 2008.
Full list of the members of Telenor Group Executive Management
- Sigve Brekke, President and CEO
- Richard Aa, EVP and Chief Financial Officer
- Wenche Agerup, EVP and Chief Corporate Affairs Officer (effective 1 December2015)
- Pål Wien Espen, EVP and Head of Partner Relations Asia (effective 1 December 2015)
- Jon Gravråk, EVP and Chief Digital Officer (effective 1 December 2015, Mr Ragnar Korsæth acting)
- Jon Erik Haug, EVP and Chief People Officer
- Ruza Sabanovic, EVP and Chief Technology Officer
- Vivek Sood, EVP and Chief Marketing Officer (effective 1 November 2015)
- Morten Karlsen Sørby, EVP
- Jesper Hansen, EVP and CEO of Telenor Denmark (acting)
- Berit Svendsen, EVP and CEO of Telenor Norway
- Patrik Hofbauer, EVP and CEO of Telenor Sweden
- Stein-Erik Vellan, EVP and CEO of Telenor Bulgaria
- Christopher Laska, EVP and CEO of Telenor Hungary
- Ove Fredheim, EVP and CEO of Telenor Montenegro and Serbia
- Albern Murty, EVP and CEO of Digi (Malaysia)
- Lars-Åke Norling, EVP and CEO of dtac (Thailand)
- Rajeev Sethi, EVP and CEO of Grameenphone (Bangladesh)
- Sharad Mehrotra, EVP and CEO of Telenor India (effective 1 November 2015)
- Petter Furberg, EVP and CEO of Telenor Myanmar
- Michael Foley, EVP and CEO of Telenor Pakistan
Mr Kjell Morten Johnsen, Ms Katja Nordgaard, Mr Henrik Clausen and Mr Martin Furuseth (acting) will step down from Telenor Group’s Executive Management.
The CEOs of Digi, Dtac and Grameenphone will continue to report directly to their respective boards, but will participate in the Telenor Group Executive Management committee.
SVP and Head of Group Communications
Mobile: +47 920 30 033
Vice President Communications
Mobile: +47 926 61 300