Reading Time: 2 minutes
DJSI is the world’s most comprehensive annual analysis of corporate sustainability performance. It ranks global companies based on their social, economic and environmental performance.
“Sustainable growth is an important part of the ‘Telenor way’ of doing business. We have learned much and improved in this area over the last few years, and I am pleased that DJSI recognises our efforts. The mobile industry has proven positive effects on economic and social welfare. Our industry has the power to transform society, and we aim to extend the wider benefits of telecommunications,” said Jon Fredrik Baksaas, President and CEO of Telenor Group.
Bar raised, score improved
The bar for being listed among the top five sustainability leaders is raised every year, and Telenor Group’s overall score has improved from last year. This is the 10th consecutive year Telenor maintains its position as a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, in the mobile telecommunications sector.
The DJSI has become the main benchmark for recognizing the world’s corporate sustainability leaders. The DJSI assessment uses an in-depth analysis of economic, environmental and social criteria with a special focus on industry-specific risks and opportunities.
- The DJSI was launched in 1999, and were the first indexes tracking the financial performance of the leading sustainability-driven companies worldwide
- The indexes rank companies on their combined performance on economic, social, and environmental criteria
- The DJSI follow a best-in-class approach and include sustainability leaders from each industry on a global and regional level respectively
- The analysis is completed by the research arm of investment boutique SAM, which analyzes data from more than 1,000 companies annually
- Visit the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes website
Find out more
Scott Engebrigtsen, Communication Manager
Mobile: +47 900 43 484, E-mail: email@example.com