Latest news

January 2003

31 Jan, 2003 10:06 Press Release

Telenor exits the Nextra operations in Austria and Hungary

Telenor is continuing its strategy for improving profitability with a clearer focus on core markets and activities. As a result Telenor has closed the sale of its Nextra operations in Austria and Hungary through agreements that ensure the continued development of these companies under new ownership.

22 Jan, 2003 09:47 Press Release

Telenor to appeal Greek court ruling

The City court in Athens, Greece has in a verdict ruled in favour of WR Com Enterprises Ltd, a Cyprus company, controlled by Vasillis Sarantitis, against Telenor Mobile Communications AS, a company in the Telenor group. The court has decided that Telenor Mobile Communications AS owe WR Com Enterprises Ltd approximately NOK 444 million plus interest.

17 Jan, 2003 11:58 Press Release

Cheaper business subscription plan from Telenor Mobil

Telenor Mobil will launch the subscription plan Bedrift for business users on January 20th. The subscription offers all services useful for a business customer, and implies between four and 21 percent lower minute fares. As a whole, an average business customer gets a five percent price reduction.

10 Jan, 2003 09:36 Press Release

Telenor regrets PT decision

Telenor Mobil regrets the decision from the Norwegian Post and Telecommunications Authority (PT) regarding the arbitration case between Telenor and Teletopia, which concerns access to connect an own SMS switch to Telenor Mobil’s network. This represents a distinctively Norwegian price regulation of SMS-services. Telenor will consider filing a complaint to the Ministry of Communication over the decision.

December 2002

19 Dec, 2002 10:01 Press Release

Financial reporting from Telenor in 2003

Telenor intends to presents its financial reports in 2003 and keep its General Assembly according to this plan:

Thursday 13 February: results for the 4th quarter and yearend 2002

Wednesday 7 May: results for the 1st quarter 2003

Thursday 8th May: General Assembly

Wednesday 23 July: results for the 2nd quarter 2003

Thursday 30 October: results for the 3rd quarter 2003

18 Dec, 2002 15:05 Press Release

Telenor announces closing of NMT 450

Telenor Mobil’s licence for the mobile network system NMT 450 expires on December 31st 2004. Today, in keeping with license requirements, the company announced that it will likely not apply for an extension of the licence. Telenor Mobil is dedicated to offering alternative solutions to NMT 450. Coverage of the GSM network is still being extended, and Telenor Mobil has entered into a roaming agreement for satellite telephony.

18 Dec, 2002 10:43 Press Release

Telenor new principal owner of Utfors, as agreement is given approval

The agreement between Telenor and Utfors AB has been given final approval by the Swedish Competition Authority and today’s extraordinary General Meeting of Utfors. The transaction sees Telenor becoming the main contender in the Swedish market for business communications. The integrated company will have Norwegian CEO and Norwegian Chairman.

17 Dec, 2002 11:31 Press Release

Telenor sells stake in Russian regional operator to VimpelCom

Telenor has sold its 49% share in Russian regional mobile operator, Extel, to Telenor Mobile’s associated company, VimpelCom. The remaining 51% of the shares in Kaliningrad based Extel have also been sold to VimpelCom.

16 Dec, 2002 10:49 Press Release

Ericsson and Telenor Mobile sign a global MMS agreement

Ericsson and Telenor Mobile have signed a global framework agreement for Multimedia Messaging Services solutions, the technology that offers enhanced messaging capabilities such as color pictures, photographs, sounds, animations and audio clips.

6 Dec, 2002 08:10 Press Release

A simplified Telenor

As of January 1, 2003, Telenor will be reorganised to create a more robust organisation, capable of continuing the development of the Norwegian activities and secure continued growth in the international mobile portfolio. “Telenor is strongly committed to improve services for our customers in the domestic market and to elaborate a clearer strategy for our international activities” said CEO Jon Fredrik Baksaas.