Reading Time: 2 minutes
The UN General Assembly is the primary meeting arena for global decision makers. As an international telecoms company with presence in the Nordics and Asia, this arena is important for Telenor Group to engage and collaborate with businesses and authorities from markets in which we operate as well outside our footprint.
“Businesses are vital in realising the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and Telenor wants to play a constructive role in new and daring partnerships to increase the pace towards completing the world’s most important “to do” list. We’re in New York during the UN General Assembly to support and advance the efforts for responsible digitalisation and meeting the greatest challenges of today from climate change to inclusion,” says Sigve Brekke, President & CEO, Telenor Group.
Telenor’s primary themes at UNGA 74:
- Strengthen partnerships: We want to show support from global businesses in advancing the SDGs, meet with stakeholders from the societies we serve, and explore partnership and collaboration opportunities with the multitude of stakeholders that are present here during the week.
- Champion inclusion: empowering societies means extending the benefits of the digital economy to everyone. Responsible digital leadership is vital in proving technology’s vital role in empowering the people and the businesses that make modern societies what they are.
- A Focus On Climate: The mobile industry is committed to leading on Climate Action and we look forward to contributing to both dialogue and concrete action points on this truly global challenge.
- Support the advancement of the UN SDGs: Telenor has committed to reducing inequalities, SDG#10. This is ingrained in our global business strategy, the way we provide access to services that foster inclusion and empowerment, and strive to influence and raise working and operating standards wherever we operate.
Telenor Group will attend several major events as well as host own meetings and events during UNGA74. Some arenas where Telenor Group will be present at UNGA74 are:
- WEF Sustainable Development Impact Summit: Enhancing Digital Leadership
- WEF Sustainable Development Impact Summit: Accelerating Climate Action
- 2019 Concordia Annual Summit: Building an Inclusive and Ethical Digital Future – Strategic Dialogue
- Future – Strategic Dialogue (session hosted by the GSMA in partnership with Concordia)
- WEF Sustainable Development Impact Summit: Boosting Investment through Country Roadmaps for the 2030 Agenda
For further information or press interviews with key representatives during UNGA 74, please contact:
Hanne Knudsen, VP Communications | Telenor Group
+47 90804015 | firstname.lastname@example.org