Reading Time: 3 minutes
“Digitalisation, transformation, the adaptation of new technology and the pursuit of innovation and entrepreneurship are always important topics for Telenor. We are pleased to see these themes gradually receiving more attention at Arendalsuka over the past years. The impact of digitalisation on all enterprises – public and private, local and global – is pervasive and requires all of us to take an active stance,” says Sigve Brekke, President & CEO, Telenor Group.
During the week starting Monday 12 August, Telenor leaders and experts will contribute to a range of talks, debates and events, both in the Telenor arena in Nygaten 4 and at other arenas around Arendal.
“We come to Arendal to share, but also to listen and understand more about the expectations people have of communication technology and digital solutions. In our arena we will host talks on digital districts and municipalities across Norway, on cybersecurity and on safe internet. We will participate in debates on diversity and gender parity in the tech industry, and throughout the week we will continue the conversation on the digital transformation of Norway,” adds Brekke.
The parking lot of Telenor’s Arendal office is temporarily turned into an event space where close to 100 speakers will take to the stage during the week.
Telenor’s key events at Arendalsuka 2019
Future tech: By men and for men?
How do we get more girls to choose a future in the tech industry? Plan International Norge and Telenor present a new survey providing answers. Norway CTO Ingeborg Øftshus and EVP Corporate Affairs Anne Kvam participate. In Norwegian.
Breakfast meeting on digital districts and municipalities (Smart Bygd): Can districts compete with increasingly digital cities?
Everyone’s talking about smart cities, but what happens with rural and remote communities when the perfect storm of 5G, IoT and AI arrives? Join in to hear Telenor Research’s future scenarios for our digital districts and take part in the debate on how rural Norway will succeed with digitalisation. Head of Telenor Research Bjørn Taale Sandberg and Norway CEO Petter Børre Furberg participate. In Norwegian.
Digital threats: How do we become stronger together?
How can public and private actors collaborate to stand stronger together against digital crimes? The Director-General of the Police and the Head of the Norwegian Cyber Defense are ready to discuss. Telenor also presents its new annual report on Digital Security. Norway Chief Security Officer Hanne Tangen Nilsen and Norway CEO Petter Børre Furberg participate. In Norwegian.
How far into students’ mobile phones does the responsibility of schools go?
Who is responsible for online bullying after school hours? Norwegian Red Cross and Telenor invite everyone interested in education to discuss who is responsible for children’s online safety. You can also join a demonstration of the new digital #UseHeart campaign (“Bruk Hue” in Norwegian) – a preventive tool against online bullying that is free and accessible for all schools and teachers. Norway Chief Corporate Affairs Officer Ragnhild Mathisen participates. In Norwegian.
You can also find Telenor speakers at the following events:
- Global outlook: Normal is over (Arendal kulturhus). Hosted by Eyde Cluster and Arendalsuka. Group CEO Sigve Brekke participates. In English. View program
- Away is OK, but home is best (Telenor arena). Debate hosted by Posten Norge. Group CEO Sigve Brekke participates. In Norwegian. Event link
- Equality in the Norwegian technology sector (Telenor arena). Debate hosted by Crayon, IKT-Norge and SHE Community. Group Chief People Officer Cecilie B. Heuch participates. In Norwegian. Event link
- Mingling and screening of the political party leader debate (Telenor arena). Event hosted by Abelia. Food and drinks served. Event link
- The innovation debate: hunting for Norway’s innovation power (Telenor arena). Event hosted by Abelia. Head of Telenor Research Bjørn Taale Sandberg participates. In Norwegian.
- Debates on cybersecurity hosted by BI/NTNU and CCSI (Telenor arena). Norway Chief Security Officer Hanne Tangen Nilsen participates. In Norwegian.
- The Research Summit: What opportunities lie in Horizon Europe? (Telenor arena). Head of Telenor Research Bjørn Taale Sandberg participates. Event hosted by SINTEF and NTNU. In Norwegian. Event link