- The largest of four mobile operators in the country
- Offers core voice and data services and a number of value-added services on both a prepaid and contract basis
- 65.329 million mobile subscriptions (2017)
- 2810 employees (2017)
- Total revenues of NOK 13.156 billion (2017)
- Monthly Mobile ARPU: NOK 16 (2017)
- Telenor holds a 55.8 % ownership interest in Grameenphone (as of 31 March 2011)
- Grameenphone is listed on the Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) Ltd. and the Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) Ltd
- Headquarters are located in Dhaka
- CEO: Michael Foley
Grameenphone, part of the Telenor Group, is the largest telecommunications service provider in Bangladesh connecting 70 Mln customers to what matters most to them. We are committed to responsible business conduct and driven by the ambition of empowering societies.
We want to help unlock the benefits of the digital revolution and demonstrate how more can be achieved with connectivity. Over 22 years of operations in Bangladesh, Grameenphone has taken telecoms and digital services to the people – giving access to digital solutions for education, information, entertainment, commerce, financial services, healthcare & other social needs. The company takes an active role in enabling innovation and building digital ecosystem in Bangladesh. We are also partnering with global and local development agencies to support UN SDG #10 towards reducing inequalities.
For detailed information on regulatory matters, network, licenses and competitors, see our business descriptions for Grameenphone.