Telenor Group makes protecting the environment an integral part of its daily activities. Environmental Management Systems are implemented in all Business Units to ensure continuous improvement of the company.
Through our Group Environment Policy and related procedures, we aim to ensure that protecting the environment becomes an integral part of our day-to-day business. This in turn will affect everyone who is connected to Telenor – from suppliers and shareholders, to customers and society at large. Telenor`s main ambition is to ensure that all Business Units have a well-functioning Environmental Management System in place.
All Telenor business units have established and implemented environmental management systems based on the ISO 14001 standard. Each Business Unit’s Environmental Management System (EMS) is based upon the following:
- Environmental aspects compiled and reported annually according to the requirements of Non-Financial Reporting
- Group Environmental Policy and Group Procedure Environmental Management
- All legal and other requirements regarding environmental matters.
Environmental Management Certificates
Certification according to ISO 14001 has been accomplished in DiGi in Malaysia, Uninor in India, Telenor Hungary and Telenor Serbia. DiGi and Uninor have also been certified in accordance with the international standard for Occupational Health, Safety and Security, OHSAS 18001.
Focus areas in Telenor’s Environmental Management System:
- Energy Consumption
- CO2 Emissions
- Emissions to Water, Soil and Air
- Waste Management and Recycling
- Environmental impact of installations and Electro Magnetic Fields
- Sustainable Procurement