Telenor Mobile Communications has, through its subsidiary Zalto Communications AS, signed an agreement with Europolitan Vodafone to become a service provider in the Swedish market. Telenor will launch and promote a new mobile subscription for young people bearing the brand name djuice(TM).
The djuice brand will function as a separate subscription with its own services, billing system, marketing and customer service facilities.
“For djuice and Telenor, the agreement with Europolitan Vodafone is an important step,’ says Morten Karlsen-Sørby, COO in Telenor Mobile Communications. “We consider Europolitan Vodafone an attractive partner in Sweden offering advanced and high quality services.’
Djuice will offer mobile services closely integrated with the Internet. Djuice’s aim in Sweden is to become ‘The Young People’s Partner in the Mobile Society’ and the primary target group is young people aged between 15 and 30.
“The cooperation with djuice entails a further expansion of our services and our market channels reaching the youth segment,’ says Jon Risfelt, CEO of Europolitan Vodafone. “Multitude and variety are fundamental to progress in the mobile market. We increase the traffic on our network, and consequently reap greater returns on our infrastructure- and system investments,’ Risfelt concludes.
The djuice venture in Sweden will be further emphasised through a wider introduction of mobile Internet services in connection with the Volvo Ocean Race which starts on September 23rd. With djuice as the main sponsor for one of the competing boats in the Volvo Ocean Race, the vessel has been named “djuice.’
is a mobile operator with a license to build a third generation mobile network. Our strength lies in our dedication towards developing international services, our quality and our service mindedness. Europolitan Vodafone has approximately 1400 employees. Europolitan Vodafone is listed on the OM stock exchange (Stockholm) Attract 40 list through Europolitan Holdings AB. The largest shareholder is British Vodafone with a 71 percent stake in Europolitan Holdings, while the remaining 29 percent lies with private- and institutional shareholders. The Vodafone group is represented in five continents with a customer base of approximately 80 million (proportional number of customers calculated according to ownership stake).
See: www.europolitan.se and www.vodafone.com.
Telenor Mobile Communications (TMC)
is the mobile business area of Telenor, offering voice, data, Internet, e-commerce and content services. TMC is one of the world’s most advanced mobile operators with a leading position in the Norwegian market and with ownership in 15 mobile companies throughout the world. The total number of subscribers as of year end 2000 was 5,9 million – 2,3 million in Norway and 3,6 million abroad, calculated on the basis of TMC’s ownership interests in each company. In Sweden, djuice will also be launched as a separate mobile subscription.
is Telenor Mobile Communications’ mobile Internet venture. djuice(TM) is established as an independent brand and the main portal for the mobile Internet, with content and functionality build around the interface between individual mobility and the Internet. The portal can be personalised by each customer to fit the interests of that unique customer. The goal of djuice.com is to become one of the world’s leading mobile Internet portals, known for user-friendly and innovative services. Taking part in the Volvo Ocean Race by sponsoring the boat “djuice’ and working with the skipper, Knut Frostad, is an inherant part of the djuice.com venture.