Using Magic Desktop, children can safely surf, email and play with the computer. The software is provided by Easybits and was originally launched by Telenor in 2003.
Magic Desktop functions as an operating system specifically designed for children aging from 2 to 10. The software is multilingual and has numerous “magical” features:
- Computer protection. Magic Desktop protects your system settings and important data files from accidental child-interference.
- Safe Internet. My First Browser allows you to pick child-friendly websites; your children can visit only those parent-approved sites. Parents also get the complete Internet activity history.
- Magic Mail is a secure e-mail programme designed specifically for children. Parents administer the children’s address book; children cannot send or receive e-mails from unknown persons without parental approval. Complete virus and SPAM protection.
Play and learn
Magic Desktop also includes entertaining and educational software, such as:
- Easy Write – an amusing and easy writing programme
- Easy Learning – children learn mathematics and English
- Easy Paint – a drawing, picture colouring and image editing programme
- Gamepad – a large collection of computer games for children
- My First Music – children learn to play the piano and other instruments
“The best software for children up to 10 years of age”
Magic Desktop has been rated by the EU project Safer Internet Benchmarking, for two consecutive years, as the best tool for parent control. The software is available in 13 languages.
See demonstration and download Magic Desktop here: