- The largest mobile operator in Serbia (revenue/ marketshare)
- 3.241 million mobile subscriptions (Q2 2017 – including Telenor Montenegro)
- 922 employees (Q2 2017 – including Telenor Montenegro)
- Total revenues of NOK 3.894 million (2016 – including Telenor Montenegro)
- Monthly Mobile ARPU: NOK 80 (Q2 2017 – including Telenor Montenegro)
- The headquarters are located in Belgrade
- CEO: Ingeborg Øfsthus
Socio-economic impact of mobile financial services
A study conducted by the Boston Consulting Group for Telenor in 2011 found that the introduction of mobile financial services could add a 2 % increase to Serbia’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by 2020. Widespread mobile financial services are estimated to play a role in the creation of 23,000 new jobs by 2020.
Telenor Serbia offers Platimo, where customers can pay their Telenor bills, top up prepaid accounts, authenticate transactions and transfer money.
Telenor has been operating in Serbia since 2006, when it acquired and rebranded Serbia’s first mobile provider on the Serbian market, Mobi 063. Telenor is the largest foreign investor in Serbia and engages in the development of Serbia, financially, technologically, socially and culturally.
For detailed information on regulatory matters, network, licenses and competitors, see our business descriptions for Telenor Serbia.
Key Figures for Telenor Serbia
|(NOK in millions)||Second quarter||First half year||Year|
|Subscription and traffic||626||621||1.193||1.228||2.486|
|Other mobile revenues||22||28||39||42||106|
|EBITDA before other items||364||360||664||677||1.395|
|EBITDA before other items/Total revenues (%)||38.1||37.5||36.7||35.6||36.4|
|No. of subscriptions - Change in quarter/Total (in thousands):||(10)||2||3.241||3.385||3.339|
|ARPU - monthly (NOK)||80||80||76||80||79|
|Exchange rate (RSD)||0.0744||0.0767||0.0755|
|Exchange rate (EUR)||9.1738||9.4226||9.2889|