- 44.033 million mobile subscriptions (Q4 2016)
- Telenor holds 100 per cent ownership interest in Telewings Communications Services Pvt. Ltd.
- 4010 employees (Q4 2016)
- Total revenues of NOK 6.033 million (2016)
- Monthly Mobile ARPU: NOK 11 (Q4 2016)
- The headquarters are located in Gurgaon, close to Delhi
- CEO: Sharad Mehrotra
Eight months after entering into India, Telenor started offering its services in December 2009 with the biggest ever launch in Indian telecommunications history.
Telenor is committed to making long-term investments in the Indian mobile market. This way Telenor plays an important role in improving network stability and coverage in the country.
For detailed information on regulatory matters, network, licenses and competitors, see our business descriptions for Telenor India.
Key Figures for Telenor India
|(NOK in millions)||Fourth quarter||Year|
|Subscription and traffic||1.147||1.234||5.092||4.795|
|Other mobile revenues||8||8||36||33|
|EBITDA before other items||127||41||434||(47)|
|Operating profit (loss)||(45)||(368)||(7.320)||(990)|
|No. of subscriptions - Change in quarter/Total (in thousands):||(689)||1.764||44.033||42.619|
|ARPU - monthly (NOK)||11||11||11||12|
|Exchange rate (INR)||0.1250||0.1258|