- The second largest mobile operator in Bulgaria (revenue/marketshare).
- 3.583 million subscribers (Q4 2015)
- 37.2 % subscriber market share (end of 2013)
- 2111 employees (Q4 2015)
- Total revenues NOK 2.723 million (2014)
- 99.98 % population coverage
- The headquarters are located in Sofia
- CEO: Stein Erik Vellan
Source: Telenor Bulgaria and CIA World Fact Book
On 1 August 2013, Telenor Bulgaria which then operated under the Globul brand was officially consolidated in the Telenor Group. The transaction also included Germanos Bulgaria, the leading telecom retailer in the country operationally integrated with Globul. On the 4th of November 2014, Globul became Telenor Bulgaria.
Globul has been present in Bulgaria since 2001. In 2013, Globul had about 4 million subscribers and generated revenues of NOK 1,151 million and EBITDA of NOK 373 million.
Corporate responsibility is at the core of Telenor Bulgaria way of doing business. See some of their initiatives:
- Telenor Opens Minds in Bulgaria
- GLOBUL launches solar panel driven plant
- GLOBUL & WWF organized National Nature Parks Day for a fifth consecutive year
- GLOBUL calls for safe driving
- GLOBUL awarded the biggest corporate donor for 2012